The city of Lafayette and the parish council met today.
The parish council meeting starts at 4:30 pm, and the city council meeting will be held at 6 pm.
To read about the Covid protocol and other ways to watch the meeting, scroll down.
The two councils will start their meetings with the election of the chairperson and vice chairperson.
The parish council will consider a joint road project with the city of Scott, auction the remaining items, appoint a parish council and revise the parish park budget.
You can find the parish council agenda
The City Council plans to convene an administrative meeting to discuss several personal injury lawsuits against the city and listen to the latest information on the contract signed by the mayor to install cameras to watch Lafayette citizens and record their activities.
"Trend News" wrote several stories about this contract. According to their report, the contract was signed without the council’s knowledge, and the company hired did not have the license required to install the camera. To read these stories, click
You can find the city council agenda
The council will jointly consider the allocation of US$3.2 million in CARES funds to cover COVID-related expenses of the LCG department; see how this money will be allocated
Parliament will also jointly consider a decree and sign an agreement with the City Marshal’s Office to cover the time between the formal removal of Brian Pope and the swearing-in of his successor.
Participate in board meetings:
• AOC2 public access channel (Cox channel 16 or LUS Fibre Channel 4)
• Online at www.lafayettela.gov on the homepage of the Lafayette United Government
• On the Ustream website, the URL is www.ustream.tv/channel/lafayette-consolidated-governmentcouncil-meeting
• The auditorium can accommodate 50% of the auditorium
• Must wear a mask to enter
Public comment procedure:
• If you do not want to speak, but want to declare that you support or oppose a project:
▪ Submit your comments via email to DoNotSpeakCM@lafayettela.gov
▪In your information, you must determine the agenda of the council meeting (city or parish) you want to call, and then include the agenda item number, your name and position (for or against)
▪ The email must be received by 4:30 pm on the day of the meeting
▪ Citizens can still choose to contact their personal council members. Please note that despite social distancing and other requirements, certain matters have been suspended to focus on important government business. During public meetings, safety guidelines will be implemented.
Copyright © Guangdong Fumei Furniture Industrial Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved. | Sitemap | Technical Support: